Jul 30, 2014 Press Releases
New Version Incorporates Tracking Application on iOS; Enhanced Data View
Charleston, SC – This week, ATI released the newest version of their security software, Alastar™. The application delivers situational awareness and provides a common operating picture for both public safety and corporate organizations.
Alastar 2.8 incorporates several updates, including:
- Bookmark sharing: users can now create their own dynamic bookmarks and share them with other users, allowing bookmarks to be created quickly and more easily shared with others;
- Enhanced Data View: Specific view feed lists can be saved to improve customization and user-experience;
- Dynamic legend creation based on active layers;
- Identify feature tool: enables users to identify features within a user-created geographic boundary;
- Multiple watchlist feeds: allows users to create and run multiple social media filters which can be used independently GPS Tracker App is now available on both iOS and Android;
- Filter information based on a user defined perimeter
Alastar assimilates large data sets into easily-understandable geospatial views, providing end users with clarity in complex situations, assisting in the decision-making process. The software is currently in use at the Charleston County Consolidated 9-1-1 Center, was used at the Cooper River Bridge Run and at the Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival.
“In many situations, it is crucial to have wide-area situational awareness – from a routine 911 call to a large-scale event,” said ATI Vice President Mark Aukamp. “Alastar provides the big picture and the ability to share that across multiple agencies, providing an effective and efficient response. We are pleased to release this updated version of our software, which will allow users to more easily save important searches and use mobile devices for tracking.”
ATI (Advanced Technology Institute) builds and manages research collaborations that develop technology solutions to complex challenges. ATI leads diverse industries and organizations to develop technology solutions, typically for the Department of Defense and other federal clients. Our collaborative approach can be used to develop solutions for any industry or discipline. Our current R&D portfolio includes shipbuilding and ship repair, advanced materials, medical technologies, electromagnetic spectrum technologies and rapid DoD prototyping. Where it is a client goal, ATI ensures wide-spread industry adoption and application of new technologies. ATI manages over twelve large, federally-funded consortia with a contract value of more than $16 billion.