The Border Security Technology Consortium (BSTC) supports the CBP and other potential customers within DHS in providing collaborative R&D and rapid prototyping/piloting capabilities germane to the border security domain.
A group of large and small businesses, non-profit organizations and academic research institutions quickly coalesced in the spring of 2012 to form the nucleus of the BSTC. The desired objective is for the BSTC to provide a “one stop” source for capabilities across the border security technology spectrum, including:
- Surveillance and monitoring
- Identification and assessment
- Targeting and intelligence
- Communications and information management
- and other border security – related capabilities