The National Armaments Consortium (NAC), which ATI has managed since 2009, holds frequent collaboration events, including one-on-one sessions between government and industry stakeholders, speed networking to help members form teams, proposer’s conferences where members can learn about a new opportunity, industry days, and much more. The consortium also offers robust online collaboration tools, like a searchable database of member capabilities and a suite of training materials and a document library, and the programs showcases new member companies via their website and social media.

The NAC’s membership is powerful evidence of the benefits of these collaborative engagements: NAC currently has 565 nontraditional contractors among its membership (as of April 2019), representing 74 percent of its 710 members. Within the NAC, nontraditional members receive 46 percent of the project awards as primes, with the remaining 54 percent going to traditional contractors who either have teamed with nontraditional defense contractors or have opted to cost-share. These partnerships result in more innovative prototype development that ultimately improves our national security.

By offering a broad range of opportunities for collaboration, the NAC is able to attract participants from across the armaments and ordnance industry and build a diverse membership with robust participation by small and large businesses, nonprofits, and academic institutions and a 92 percent member retention rate each year.

Published On: April 29th, 2019Categories: Success StoriesTags: ,