Advanced Technology International (ATI) (“Company” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information the Company may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register an account with, access, or use collaborATIon (the “Application“).
- The Company’s practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information the Company collects in this Application and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Application.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- Company collects offline or on any other Company applications or websites, including websites you may access through this Application.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
The Company’s websites you may access through this Application and other third party websites and applications have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them. The Company is not responsible for the use or storage of your information through an affiliated or third-party website.
II. Children Under the Age of 16
The Application is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and Company does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If the Company learns that we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, the Company will delete that information. If you believe the Company might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us using the “Contact us” feature of the Application.
III. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
The Company collects information from and about users of the Application:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Application.
- From information that you provide on other Company websites or services and affiliated websites or services, such as event registrations, membership applications, or the Collaboration Portal.
III.a Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, or use the Application, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, mailing address, email address, or telephone number (“personal information“).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your employer or the business that is a member of a Company consortium.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Application, subscribing to the Company’s services, posting material, linking the Application to other services (such as Google or LinkedIn accounts), and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you contact the Company or report a problem with the Application.
- Records and copies of your correspondence using the Application, (including email addresses and phone numbers), including your communications with the Company if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries/search history on the Application.
You may also provide information for publication or display (“Posted“) on public areas of the Application or websites you access through the Application (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by adjusting your user profile or changing the settings on a particular post, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, the Company cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, the Company cannot and does not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. Additionally, your User Contributions shall not include non-public information, including proprietary information.
III.b Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Application, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Application, the Company may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Application, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Application.
- Device Information. The Company may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and the device’s telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The Application also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts, and address book information.
- Location Information. This Application does not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want the Company to collect this information, do not download the Application or delete it from your device.
The Company also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking). See Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information for information on how you can opt-out of behavioral tracking and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
III.c Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies the Company uses for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Application.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Application and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Application statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain application content and verifying system and server integrity).
III.d Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Application or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Application. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, applications, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
IV. How We Use Your Information
The Company uses information collected about you or that you provide, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Application and its contents, and any other information, products, or services that you request from the Company.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you when Application updates are available, and of changes to any products or services the Company offers or provides though the Application.
The usage information collected helps the Company to improve the Application and deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Application according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you use the Application.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and our affiliated programs’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile or delete the Application. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
V. Disclosure of Your Information
The Company may disclose aggregated information about our users and information that does not identify any individual or device without restriction.
In addition, the Company may disclose personal information that we collect or that you provide:
- To our customers/clients, subsidiaries, and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Advanced Technology International’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Application users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. For more information, see Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and the Company, including the Application End User License Agreement (EULA), and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
VI. Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
The Company strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Tracking Technologies. If you do not wish to allow the Application to collect information through tracking technologies, you may opt out by adjusting your preferences in your user profile or by uninstalling the Application.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address, phone number, mailing address, or other contact information to promote our own or our affiliated programs’ products or services, you can opt-out by uninstalling the Application or by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
VII. Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
Connected users can review and change their personal information by logging into the Application and visiting the account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to the Company. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. The Company may, in our discretion, decline to accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Application, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Application users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Application, including User Contributions, is governed by our End User License Agreement.
VIII. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Application; the information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Application.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Application. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. The Company is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
X. Contact Information